FRANKFURT, March 30 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's supervisory board approved on Thursday a plan to scrap the four-seat Smart car model in an overhaul of the loss-making Smart minicar unit, it said. "The governing bodies of DaimlerChrysler AG have approved measures related to the company's focus on the Smart fortwo, including the intention to cancel production of the Smart forfour," a statement said. The world's fifth-biggest automaker said on Saturday it planned to halt output of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler board approves Smart revamp plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.