SHANGHAI, Sept 29 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG is in detailed discussions with China's Chery Automobile to make cars for sale in the United States and other markets, and could finalise the deal soon, sources said on Friday. "The two sides have explored various ways to make subcompact cars together and are now in advanced negotiations," one source familiar with the matter told Reuters. Another source in the industry confirmed that DaimlerChrysler, the world's fifth-largest car maker, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler, Chery close to car sales deal -sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.