DETROIT, Dec 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG has hired former FBI Director Louis Freeh to serve as an independent monitor as it concludes a two-year internal investigation into cases of suspected bribery by representatives of its Mercedes unit, the Detroit News reported on Tuesday. By hiring Freeh as a corporate watchdog, DaimlerChrysler hopes to minimize any sanctions it might face from U.S. government officials as a result of the case, the newspaper said. DaimlerChrysler first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler hires ex-FBI head after probe-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.