FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Automaker DaimlerChrysler said on Tuesday it planned to build its new Grand Sport Tourer (GST) at the Tuscaloosa plant in the United States with the production and market launch set for the end of 2004. DaimlerChrysler said in statement that it will spend some $600 million to expand the production area at the plant in Alabama, where it also manufactures its successful M-Class sports utility vehicles. The GST is a wagon-like concept vehicle which seats six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler to launch GST model by end-2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.