STUTTGART, Germany, June 26 (Reuters) - Carmaker DaimlerChrysler will launch the Brazil-made four-seater version of its small Smart car in the United States in 2006, Smart chief Andreas Renschler said on Thursday. The model will be made at its Juiz de Fora plant -- its first Smart car plant outside Europe -- which currently produces Mercedes A-Class cars for the Brazilian market and C-Class saloons for North America. Speaking at a presentation of the four-seater Smart on Thursday, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler to launch Smart 4-seater in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.