NEW YORK, July 29 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG is expected to name Eckhard Cordes, head of its truck division, as the new chief of its Mercedes luxury-car unit, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday. Cordes would join Chrysler chief Dieter Zetsche as the frontrunners to succeed Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp when his contract expires in 2008 or if he steps down early, the newspaper said in an unsourced report. The appointment would be announced after a meeting of the company's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler to name Cordes to run Mercedes-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.