FRANKFURT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - German carmaker DaimlerChrysler wants to buy a stake of around 20 percent in Volkswagen , German magazine Focus reported on Friday, citing supervisory board sources. The magazine said talks were already at an advanced stage. It said outgoing chief executive Juergen Schrempp was in favour of the idea but wanted to leave the final decision to designated successor Dieter Zetsche, and he in turn wanted to complete the deal by February or March next year. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler plans to buy stake in VW -magazine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.