FRANKFURT, Feb 24 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's Smart minicar brand is expected to post another loss of around 600 million euros ($792 million) in 2005, a German paper reported on Thursday, citing company sources. But the Handelsblatt newspaper said the German-American group's supervisory board still supported efforts to reorganise the brand rather than shut it down or sell it. A company spokesman declined comment. Despite growing sales, Smart has not made a profit since the brand made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler Smart to stay in red in '05-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.