FRANKFURT, May 24 (Reuters) - German-American carmaker DaimlerChrysler's Smart division would not confirm on Tuesday that it had received a $1 billion order from U.S. car customiser ZAP for Smart minicars. "Smart is unaware of such an order," a Smart spokeman said. ZAP had announced the order earlier but said it was unsure whether DaimlerChrysler would fulfil it.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler's Smart says unaware of ZAP order" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642