CHATELLERAULT, France, July 31 (Reuters) - French workers who had threatened to blow up their car parts plant in a dispute over mass layoffs voted on Friday to accept a new compensation offer and drop their threat. The conflict at the firm New Fabris, which had been dragging on for weeks, highlighted the radicalisation of workers' protests in France as the economic downturn hits the job market. The workers at New Fabris, a bankrupt sub-contractor to carmakers Renault and Peugeot , had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"In deal, French workers drop threat to blow up plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.