Jackson warns against “massive ineffectiveness.”
DETROIT – An overly eager auto industry is producing too many vehicles, nearing the red line of inventory levels, says outspoken megadealer Mike Jackson, CEO of AutoNation. “Is this where we want to end up again?” asks the head of the country’s largest dealership chain, referring to the days of industry overproduction that ran rampant until the recession decimated auto sales. For a few post-recession years after that meltdown – when sales went from 16.2 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Producing Too Much, Says AutoNation CEO " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642