By Laurence Fletcher LONDON, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Several hedge funds with assets frozen at Lehman Brothers may have been hit by wrong-way bets on Volkswagen , industry executives said, possibly hurting funds on trades they cannot close. While no money has yet been demanded by the prime brokerage unit of Lehman -- which filed for bankruptcy protection in September -- a fund using Lehman to short-sell VW may have to pay up next year when administrators have worked out which positions belong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DEALTALK-VW squeeze may hit hedge funds frozen by Lehman" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642