By Lynn Adler NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - U.S. consumer spending appears to be improving enough to compensate for the impact of high fuel costs on the package delivery business, DHL Express U.S. chief executive Ian Clough said. The company is pushing to expand its fleet of fuel-efficient vehicles and aircraft, however, launching an all-green fleet in Manhattan on Thursday and aiming to buy more Boeing 777 planes. "I don't think anybody's celebrating that the economy's going great, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DHL Express expanding green fleet, wants more 777s" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.