* Nylon resin for brake, fuel systems in shortfall * Auto production cuts seen in Q2 - UBS * Japanese, German automakers less affected - UBS * Maker of Stainmaster carpet has little spare CDT capacity By Bernie Woodall DETROIT, April 19 (Reuters) - Dupont and Dow Chemical are among chemical firms working with global automakers who are bracing for a crunch in production, after a German chemical plant explosion cut a chunk of supply of a nylon resin used in brake and fuel systems. The risk of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dupont, Dow to help global automakers avoid output crunch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.