By Paul Gallagher ZANDVOORT, Netherlands, July 27 (Reuters) - A team led by an 82-year-old pensioner on Tuesday won the first Dutch championship for battery-powered electric scooter racing. The race across an obstacle course in rear-wheel-drive buggies, fitted with comfortable seats, armrests, handlebars and shopping baskets, was all about skilful manoeuvring, with top speeds of just 12 kms (7.5 miles) per hour. The Nationaal Fonds Ouderenhulp, a foundation for the elderly, organised ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dutch launch buggy racing for the elderly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.