* Eaton system has been tested in Texas and Denver * Fuel, maintenance savings pay back extra cost in 3 yrs * Stores energy from braking to use during acceleration By Bernie Woodall ANN ARBOR, Michigan, July 28 (Reuters) - The university town of Ann Arbor, Michigan became an early adopter of a hydraulic hybrid propulsion system for big trucks that its maker Eaton Corp claims will cut fuel costs and polluting emissions up to 30 percent. Four garbage trucks to be used for recycling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eaton hydraulic hybrid system debuts in Michigan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642