By Wei Gu PLANO, Texas, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Electronic Data Systems Corp. , faced with mounting competition among computer service providers, on Tuesday said it will further cut its workforce and move some operations abroad to slash costs by 25 percent in three years. EDS has suffered in recent years from unprofitable contracts, a cash drain after certain customers filed for bankruptcy, and increasing competition. It has already announced 5,200 job cuts to align costs better with sales. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EDS to cut more jobs, reduce costs 25 pct in 3 yrs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.