CAIRO, Dec 25 (Reuters) - Egypt plans to tender for its first car scrapping centre, the state news agency MENA quoted the finance minister as saying on Friday. The tender seeks to sell the country's obsolete taxi fleet, replaced this summer under a government plan to offer affordable taxis to drivers, Minister Youssef Boutros-Ghali told MENA. The ministry will announce details of the bid on Monday, he added. ($1=5.502 Egyptian pounds) (Writing by Sherine El Madany)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Egypt to tender for first car scrapping centre-agency" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.