BRUSSELS, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission will act against Italy on Wednesday over the country's derailing of a merger deal between Autostrade and Spain's Abertis , a source familiar with the case said. The EU executive will issue a preliminary decision, to which Italy can respond, saying the government overstepped its authority through its actions on a merger over which the Commission had sole competence, the source said.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU to act vs Italy over Autostrade on Wed-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.