By Lisa Jucca BRUSSELS, June 27 (Reuters) - A new EU takeover code aimed at boosting cross-border corporate activity will fall short of removing all barriers to mergers, but should withstand the test of EU states and parliament, the document showed on Thursday. Fearing a humiliating repeat of last year's German-led defeat of a previous takeover code, the European Commission is shying away from any radical ideas and introducing only what it deems "the most realistic approach at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU chooses "Realpolitik" in shaping takeover code" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.