BRUSSELS, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The European Union's top court will rule on Oct. 23 on whether a decades-old German law that shields carmaker Volkswagen from takeovers violates EU rules, the court said on Friday. An adviser to the European Court of Justice said in February that the law, which caps voting rights and limits board seats, was in breach of the EU's single market rules, sending Volkswagen's shares higher. The opinions of the court's advisers, or advocates general, are followed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU court to make Volkswagen ruling on Oct. 23" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.