By Paul Taylor BRUSSELS, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The European Commission faces a showdown between industrial and environmental champions on Wednesday over how to cut emissions of carbon dioxide from cars to fight climate change without harming European carmakers. At a meeting of senior EU officials on Tuesday night, supporters of Germany's heavy luxury car manufacturers won a longer phasing in period for fines on manufacturers who fail to meet mandatory limits on exhaust emissions of the main ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU faces showdown over car CO2 emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.