BRUSSELS, April 22 (Reuters) - Motorists will be able to drive through Europe's motorway toll gates without stopping under a new scheme to create a single high-tech toll collection system, according to documents obtained by Reuters on Tuesday. The European Commission will propose on Wednesday harmonising toll collection systems in the European Union, in a bid to cut toll queues and boost the electronics industry. Many EU states already use "telematic" systems which allow motorists to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU plans single high-tech road toll system" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.