BRUSSELS, Jan 31 (Reuters) - The European Commission will present next week a long-awaited proposal to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from new cars, a spokesman for the EU executive said on Wednesday. The proposal has created divisions within the bloc and the European Union's executive branch. Environment Commissioner Stavros Dimas favours binding legislation to force car manufacturers -- a key industry in Europe -- to lower CO2 emissions of new cars to an industry average of 120 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU to present car emissions proposal next week" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.