(Adds quotes from EU source) BRUSSELS, Jan 27 (Reuters) - A European Commission decision on taking further legal action against a law which protects Volkswagen from hostile takeover has been postponed indefinitely, a spokesman said on Tuesday. The fight over the law has pitted the EU executive against the German government, which has defended it as vital to protect jobs at Europe's largest carmaker. "The Volkswagen case is postponed indefinitely so as to allow further contacts between ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU puts action against Volkswagen law on hold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.