BRUSSELS, Oct 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission is ready to support the car industry and help it achieve EU targets to curb CO2 emissions despite the economic crisis, EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said on Wednesday. "We are open to the possibility of providing support for the development of low emission cars, high tech cars that could help the European motor industry maintain its global competitiveness," Barroso told a news conference. He added that any aid to the car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU ready to help car industry develop greener cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.