BRUSSELS, May 29 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp. , Japan's biggest tyre maker, won permission from the European Commission on Tuesday to buy Bandag Inc. , the largest U.S. supplier of retread tyres, for $1.05 billion in cash. The deal gives Bridgestone, until now only a small player in retreaded tyres, a major presence in the global retread market as cost-conscious trucking firms increasingly turn to companies that offer both retreads and new tyres. "The Commission concluded that the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU says allows Japan's Bridgestone to buy Bandag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.