BRUSSELS, Nov 21 (Reuters) - The European Commission said on Thursday it had raided six companies in France, Italy, Germany and Spain over a suspected cartel in the manufacture of carbon black. Carbon black is used in the automobile tyre industry and to reinforce all kinds of rubber. The raids were carried out on November 19 in Europe and were coordinated with similar raids by the authorities in the United States.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU says raids carbon black firms in four countries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.