BRUSSELS, March 23 (Reuters) - The European Commission, trying to inject more competition into Europe's car repairs market, asked for feedback on Friday on proposals by four big carmakers that could boost independent mechanics. An antitrust probe by the European Union's executive found problems with the way DaimlerChrysler , Toyota , General Motors and Fiat provided technical information to independent repair shops. "The Commission is concerned that the market position of independent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU seeks feedback on repairs offers by carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.