BRUSSELS, Jan 25 (Reuters) - The European Commission struck down a provision in Germany's truck toll system on Wednesday, saying a planned reimbursement scheme discriminates against lorries that do not get their fuel in Germany. The European Union's executive said the measure, which would have reimbursed a portion of the toll charge based on fuel that was paid for in Germany, was incompatible with the European common market. "The European Union is in favour of charging the use of road ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU strikes down German toll reimbursement scheme" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.