BRUSSELS, June 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission took further legal action against Spain and France on Thursday for granting toll discounts to frequent users of roads that were not in line with European Union law. The EU executive said it had sent a "reasoned opinion" -- the last step before going to court -- to the two states for violations of "Eurovignette" rules that aim to ensure toll charges match the costs associated for using road infrastructure. "Member states may vary the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU targets Spain, France over road charging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.