Auto maker drops some local suppliers in drive to boost quality.
VIENNA – Volume production of a restyled version of the Lada Kalina small car is under way at the AvtoVAZ plant in Togliatti, Russia. While the modernized Kalina is in fact a redesign, the auto maker describes it as a second generation. AvtoVAZ unveiled the first Kalina in 1999, but volume production started only in 2004. The restyled version premiered at the Moscow auto show in August 2012. Plans call for the output of 70,000 units of the facelifted Kalina this year. Russian ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ Launches Production of Facelifted Lada Kalina" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.