Marketer says transparency about battery life would sustain used-EV sales.
Automakers who introduce a battery-lease scheme for used electric vehicles would see a dramatic sales uplift, a U.K. auction company says. But presently, Shoreham Vehicle Auctions says, a lack of information released by manufacturers about EVs in the used market is affecting both resale values and dealers’ confidence in stocking used electrics. With no specific short-term battery loans or warranties available and automakers saying only the battery will last the life of the car, dealers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Battery Questions Complicate U.K. Used-EV Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.