Auto makers coping with subdued demand in Europe.
U.K. car manufacturing climbed 10.4% year-on-year in June to 131,586 units, pushing first-half production up 1.1% to 764,390. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says while four out of five cars built in the region are exported, volumes were boosted by a 24.4% jump in first-half output for the home market to 162,754 units. SMMT interim CEO Mike Baunton says the first-half growth builds on a strong 2012, when manufacturing performed above pre-recession ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Domestic Demand Drives First-Half LV Output in U.K." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.