Top-selling Clio leads small cars to lion’s share of market.
PARIS – Double-digit improvements by Renault, Peugeot, Citroen and Dacia carried the French market for passenger cars to a 7.7% sales gain in March, while all non-French brands were down 0.5%. According to the CCFA industry association of automakers, Dacia car sales rose 52.7%, Peugeot was up 16.4%, Citroen 13.5% and Renault 14.0%. All the non-French groups lost market share during March, although the Lexus and Opel brands gained with double-digit advances of 35.5% and 17.4% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Home-Grown Brands Lead French Sales Resurgence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.