Nearly two-thirds of U.K. convertible owners don’t drop top.
It may be because of the U.K.’s notoriously fickle weather, but most convertible-car owners are proving reluctant to open their soft tops. And despite its capricious climate, the country is one of the world’s biggest markets for convertibles. A survey released by Audi, which has four soft-top models in its portfolio, indicates 64% of U.K. convertible owners either never or rarely take the roof down. Some 46% of the owners cited exotic looks rather than wind-in-the-hair ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Preening Trumps Practicality for U.K. Soft-Top Owners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.