Ford extended market lead to 36 consecutive years for passenger vehicles.
U.K. new-car sales pass the 2 million-unit mark in 2012 for a 4-year high, up 5.3% to 2,044,609 units, helped by a 3.7% gain in December to 123,557 deliveries. The year-on-year sales growth was the best since 2001 and only the second increase since the 2008 global recession. It also was up 1.6% from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders’ 2.01 million-unit forecast set in October and 6.5% ahead the forecast made at the start of 2012. The SMMT credits last year’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Private Buyers Push U.K. New-Car Sales Past 2 Million Mark in 2012" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.