Nissan Sunderland car plant major U.K. production player.
Total U.K. car builds, including exports, climbed 16.6% in April to 110,033 units without reflecting any recovery in demand from continental Europe. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the home market and economies outside of Europe accounted for the production increase. “Weak European demand remains a concern,” the group says in a statement. Output in the first four months rose 1.5% to 503,449 units. SMMT interim CEO Mike Baunton says U.K. car production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Production Up Despite Weak Europe Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.