Ford Fiesta best-selling car in August and through first eight months.
New-car deliveries in the U.K. grew 10.9% in August to 65,937 units, bucking the traditional slowdown ahead of September’s number-plate change when about 17% of the year’s sales deals are signed. August was the 18th straight month of industry gains and the fifth successive month of double-digit growth. Newly installed Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Mike Hawes says August deliveries drove the year-to-date market up 10.4% to 1,391,788 units. “Private ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Strong August Car Sales Credited to Recovering Economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.