* Kroes says can't accept governments bribing firms for jobs * Says car industry must reform * Says will not hesitate to halt other problematic state aid * Says firms operating in Europe must play by Europe's rules By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The European Union's antitrust chief warned governments on Thursday against "bribing companies" to preserve jobs, following criticism inside the EU of Germany's pledge to give state aid to loss-making carmaker Opel. It was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU's Kroes warns against "bribery" in car state aid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.