By Tom Hals and Emily Chasan NEW YORK, May 27 (Reuters) - Chrysler's former president and vice chairman said on Wednesday Fiat was the U.S. automaker's only shot at survival as no other carmaker would have been willing to give the company "a nickel." At a court hearing in U.S. bankruptcy court in Manhattan, former Chrysler executive Tom LaSorda said he never considered breaking up the automaker last year, although a financial analysis showed it could have fetched as much as $25 billion. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ex Chrysler executive says Fiat was only option" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642