MUMBAI, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Industrial and automotive battery maker Exide Industries Ltd. said on Monday it would spend 600 million rupees to start an export oriented plant. The plant, which would eventually produce 1 million pieces a year, was being built in Haldia in West Bengal state. It would focus on exports to Australia, Korea, Japan and Singapore, the company said in a statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Exide to spend 600 mln rupees on new export unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.