March 1 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy is expected to raise the issue of support for Europe's auto industry at an EU summit on Sunday. Governments from the United States, Asia and Europe are being pressured to help their carmakers, which have been hurt by the economic downturn, falling demand and tight credit. The European Commission has backed national car aid plans by France and Britain and is holding talks with Sweden, Germany and others. Following are some details: * ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Aid packages for Europe's auto industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642