June 30 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian has suggested a three-way partnership to General Motors Corp. with Nissan Motor Corp. and Renault SA . GM shares jumped after the news on prospects of a speedier turnaround. The proposal shocked analysts and, while many saw value in the tie-up, some were skeptical that any such move would go through . The following are some comments from analysts and market participants. HIMANSHU PATEL, JP MORGAN: If GM management were to agree ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Analysts' views of possible GM tie-up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.