DETROIT, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Automakers led by General Motors Corp and Toyota Motor Corp are racing to bring rechargeable electric cars to the mass market in response to increasing customer and regulatory demands for improved fuel economy and low emissions. On Tuesday, Chrysler LLC unveiled three electric car prototypes and said it would bring one to market by 2010. Following are details on electric vehicle programs at the six major automakers in the U.S. market. * General Motors Corp ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Chrysler joins the electric car race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.