May 31 - Total employment in the vehicle manufacturing sector has been declining in western Europe but rising in eastern Europe amid restructuring by companies eager to cut costs, according to figures compiled by the ACEA industry group. Employment in the motor vehicle sector represents nearly 7 percent of total employment in the EU manufacturing industry. 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Belgium 53,447 53,554 51,900 48,922 45,600 Denmark 7,507 6,958 6,548 6,300 5,974 Germany 855,500 863,300 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Employment in the European vehicle sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.