July 30 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental is the takeover target of family-owned Schaeffler Group. Here are some facts about Continental: ** Continental makes car and truck tyres as well as brake, safety and fuel injection systems. It also makes the technology behind satellite navigation and dashboard consoles. It made a net profit of more than 1 billion euros ($1.56 billion). ** Founded in 1871, the company originally made bicycle tyres. It is now the world's fourth-largest tyre ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Facts about Germany's Continental" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.