April 30 (Reuters) - The first time that Fiat SpA and Chrysler LLC [CBS.UL] spoke about working together was more than 20 years ago. An agreement to sell Fiat's Alfa Romeo sports cars in North American with Chrysler's help eventually led to talks about a closer partnership. Then on Thursday, as expected, Chrysler entered into an alliance with Fiat, giving the Italian manufacturer a stake starting at 20 percent. Fiat can become Chrysler's majority owner once U.S. government loans are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Fiat's previous dealings, talks with Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.