DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp announced its biggest recall ever -- 3.8 million vehicles in the United States -- citing the risk that loose floormats could force the accelerator down, a problem being investigated as a possible cause of crashes that killed five people. Following are some of Toyota's recent successes and the challenges facing the automaker. * Toyota became the world's top-selling automaker in 2008, overtaking General Motors Co [GM.N] even before the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Five facts on Toyota after U.S. recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.