May 28 (Reuters) - As the battle for German carmaker Opel effectively narrowed to a two-way race between Fiat and Magna , overnight talks to shield Opel from parent General Motors' looming bankruptcy ended with no deal. German ministers blamed GM and the U.S. Treasury for the failure, and said they wanted more details from the U.S. on Friday before committing money to assist a deal. [ID:nSP402834] Below are details of the main GM operations building cars for Europe. Figures are from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-GM's European sites under the gun" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.